Thursday, July 9, 2015

Launchpad Minis with Ableton Live 9

When thinking about how to use the Launchpad Mini with Ableton Live 9 in the classroom, I made 3 sample lessons I would have the students use. There are also ways I can personally use the device in my instruction, but these are the ways in which I would allow my 3rd-5th grade students to work independently on them in groups of 2. I also have a plan of how I would even get these devices for the students and make this an option. If you are interested to see what I would do, here is a rough draft of 3 lesson ideas.

Finance/Set-up:
Cost is $100 per Launchpad Mini with Ableton Live Software
Get a total of 13 devices ($1500 plus tax & shipping)
One device for every two students
Music Boosters, PTO, donorschoose, etc., are the routes in which I plan to pursue these devices
Use a district administered account to register all devices on at http://us.novationmusic.com/
Download Ableton Live onto 13 lab computers and 13 extra computers
The license allows the ability to download the software onto two computers per device, with the policy that one computer is used at a time