Monday, August 10, 2015

iPad App: GroupMaker


As the school year is about to begin, I have stumbled upon this app that I am really excited to use in my class. It is called GroupMaker. GroupMaker is an app that allows you to plug in all your different classes and students, and it will create groups for you. I absolutely love the fact that this app allows you not only to create the groups, but also will do all of the following:
  • Plug in students' ethnicity, gender, & other information, and will accommodate for that
  • Randomly select groups to present their information
  • Choose the number of students in each group
  • Account for absences
  • Detect the noise level for the room
  • And finally allows you to set a basic timer for the students
This app has a lot of potential in the classroom, especial for specials teachers who have a lot of students, but not enough time to divi them up into groups. It did take me a few hours to plug in all of the student information, but now that it is in, I will be using this app a ton this school year!